Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Each day is a little life...dancing...

 
Well I don't quite know how it happened, but I've been seconded to make dance costumes.
 
Not these ones, thank the stars. These were a Spanish ballet costume worn by The Diva last Christmas.
 
These are for the school dance troupe and are Chinese inspired, not Spanish.
 
I completed a task to design a Raven inspired costume earlier this year, which appeared daunting at first, but when I broke down the elements, really only consisted of a black leotard, a feather and fabric bustle, a headpiece and gloves. And whilst that might sound LasVegas showgirl, it was anything but.
 
It actually ended up looking sinister and dark and everything a Raven should be.
 
I've always avoided making dance costumes, but now that I've done one or two, I see that it's actually a creative outlet like no other. You're not constrained by what's been done before, or how things should be done. You just make it up as you go along.
 
I like it.
 
 photo signature_zps33fd9dfd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx